Faux metal bohemian butterfly card

The ESAD challenge this week is to use the Faux Metal technique. I taught this technique quite a few years ago now and had forgotten about it. So when I read this week's challenge I thought it was a great opportunity to revisit this technique and use one of the new stamp sets from the 2015 - 2016 Annual Stampin' Up! catalogue. Watercolor wings is becoming one of my new favourites! Here is my finished product.
 
 
I cut some Whisper White cardstock to size (2" wide) and punched with the banner triple punch before applying the Versamark and embossing powder. I figured if it didn't work out how I had it pictured in my head I could always cut around it and use as an embellishment!
 

This is a really easy technique. If you'd like to give it a try here are the instructions.

 Faux metal
Ink up your stamp with Versamark and set aside for now.
Cut a piece of cardstock a little larger than the desired shape.
Press the whole piece into a Versamark pad. You want the whole piece inked up with Versamark.
Sprinkle the whole piece with the embossing powder (EP) of your choice.
Heat until the EP melts. To prevent burning your fingers with the heat gun, either hold with tweezers or place in a small box lid. Let cool just a minute so you can handle it.
Repeat the Versamark/EP/heating process two more times, so that you have three layers of EP on your piece.
When you have the last layer on there and melted, heat it up one more time until it is very hot, then press your stamp into the hot layers, and leave it there for about 15 seconds. The versamark on the stamp will help it release. Pull the stamp straight up. Trim the piece as desired and use on a project.
 
 Here is what you need to make my card.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Comments