World Card Making Blog Hop


Hey Everyone. Happy World Card Making day. What better way to celebrate than taking a trip
around our World Card Making Day Blog Hop featuring current Stampin' Up!® Products. We have lots of amazing inspiration for you. You are currently visiting Lou Kitzelman in Australia and you will be visiting lots of different places in our hop today. There is a list at the end of the page which will help you to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing projects. We'd love to hear what you think of our creations - so leave us some comments if you get a chance.

Today I have 2 cards for you using the Greetings for Santa stamp set and the coordinating Detailed Santa Thinlits dies. I have CASEd this idea from the quarterly magazine that Stampin' Up! demonstrators receive which is full of ideas. It is a bit hard to tell but I have used copper foil sheets for the detailed Santa. Backing it in Whisper White and then matting with Basic Black really makes it stand out. Stamping the sentiment in Basic Black archival ink and scattering some copper stars around (from the Detailed Santa Thinlits dies) make a simple but elegant design.


For a more colourful card I have cut different sections from Pool Party, Real Red and Blushing Bride and inset them into the relevant sections. Because I haven't placed pieces back into the beard section the detail really stands out.


I tried to use the sun to help capture the sparkle I've added. The Gold Wink of Stella pen helped add detail to Santa's glasses and some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper adds some fun to the pom pom on his hat. There are 2 great border dies in this set too. By using them you can show the cardstock behind for a bit of extra detail as I have done here above and below the sentiment.

This stamp set has lots of great images and sentiments that lend themselves for layering as I have done of the inside of my card. It is very plain - more room for writing your message!


Thanks for visiting me (Lou Kitzelman) today on World Card Making Day. I hope you get to celebrate by creating something wonderful. There are so many amazing ideas and inspiration so make sure you check the blog hop line up list to see who is next in the list and make your way to each of the stops in this blog hop.






https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx
Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$159.00

Comments

  1. The gold one is so striking and slighlty serious, yet using the same die it makes a more lighter and fun Christmas card with the coloured Santa. Thank you for showing this dies versatility

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome cards....I am going to have to play with mine some more I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I really liked the first gold Santa - and then SNAP - you surprise me with the red and white one with the glasses and blue eyes - seriously! LOVE HIM!!! Best Santa I've seen. TFS.
    Happy World Card Making Day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! I'm rushing to my craft room to make the gold foil version of this card. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy World Card Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I just love that gold card! SO Stunning! Beautiful cards! Thank you:-)
    Sunshine, New Zealand
    www.ihearttostamp.blgspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these both, but the blue eyes on your Santa blew me away! He looks perfect! Hope you had a great world card making day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolynn. Gotta love blue eyes!

      Delete
  7. It is all in the details....great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card is this, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That set wasn't really my thing when I saw it in the catalogue but oh my those cards are amazing! Thank you Greets, Natalie - Het Knutsellab

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cards. So cute! A very nice way to show us how to use the negatives in our card making. Thank you so much for sharing!
    I tried to subscribe and couldn't. If you respond to my comment, I'd like to scribe to your blog. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria. Sorry you had trouble subscribing. I have replies to you via email. If it didn't come through can you contact me via the button at the top of my blog and then I will have your email address and can subscribe for you. Lou

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.