Just Add......doily and die cuts......and throw in a chook or 2 too!


My oldest niece is about to turn 15 and she loves chooks. There is a gorgeous new stamp set which will be available from January 4th that is perfect for her called Hey, Chick. And better yet it is one you can get for free from the Sale-a-bration catalogue when you spend $90. It is such a fab set and each chook has real personality which makes them perfect for watercolouring.

The challenge over at Just Add Ink this week provided me with my design ideas for this card. It was a tough decision but I went with doily and die cuts.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/just-add-ink-337just-choose-two.html

I am so in love with the Stitched Shapes framelits. They really jazz up projects - the stitched detail really adds a lovely touch. This card is not going to win any awards - what was in my head didn't quite make it into translation - but I know that my niece will love it. Especially as her mad aunt is portrayed in chook-form! I'm the one in the frame with crazy red hair. In  my head it was going to be a bit like the Brady Bunch opening photos with the chooks looking up and down but ........ well...... this is what I ended up with.


And I thought another Twist and Pop card would be a great way to show off all of these chooks with attitude. These sentiments are from another new set in the Occasions Catalogue that you will be able to purchase after January 4th called Birthday Bright.


I got the idea for adding a 3D wing to hold the sign from the catalogue.


Lou
Product List

Comments

  1. Hehe...l'm I love with these chicks Lou, love the twist & pop fold too.....Such a fun creation. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a lover of this stamp set, but your card is awesome, Lou! I think, if you're not already, you will be the favourite aunty after this birthday, LOL. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! I've got to try me one of those twist & pop cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card, Lou & a very creative way to use the chickies. I'm sure it will impress your niece. Glad you could play along with us at JAI again.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and fun card. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.