Yay.....they're here......2017 Occasions and Sale-a-bration Catalogues from Stampin' Up!

So the day has finally arrived. From today you can order from Stampin' Up!'s 2017 Occasions Catalogue. So many beautiful things to choose from and as an added bonus for every $90 AU that you spend you can choose a free product from the Sale-a-bration catalogue. Lots of the free products that coordinate with items from the Occasions Catalogue. Such a great way to get more versatility from your products.

There are so many products to show you (and I will over the coming weeks) but for today I just wanted to show you a few of my favourite things and what you can do with them. I have a few tips for you too so that you can see the wide range of techniques you can use with the products.

I think my absolute favourite product (but don't tell the others) is the watercolour pencils. I 💗 them! You might have seen me use them with one of the new stamp sets called Mediterranean Moments here.

https://withabowontopbylou.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/esad2017occasionssabsneakpeek.html



My second favourite (and it nearly is a tie for first fave) is the Oh So Succulent bundle. Really on trend at the moment and this bundle allows you make lots of interesting cards and 3D items. My favourite card is my hanging pot card that you might have seen here.

https://withabowontopbylou.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/stampin-up-onstage-2016-display-board.html
Oh So Succulent Photopolymer Bundle
[145184]
$83.25

This card was quite easy to make once I figured it out. I won't tell you how long I played around with teeny tiny macramé! I ended up doing reef knots instead of traditional macramé knots. Here you can see how I constructed the hanger using 6 strands of thick baker's twine and pulling the 2 outside sections behind the pot and bringing around to hold the pot. Pins help to position everything. I cut the pot by hand but folded it in half and trimmed so that it was symmetrical. I did this on scrap cardstock to use as a template.


To get the detail on the pot I used an aqua painter and coordinating ink (Tip Top Taupe) and brushed to create shadows. I  made the pot lip darker and added a coat of glue from the Fine Tip Glue Pen to create a glaze effect. I shaded underneath this lip with a maker to create depth.

https://withabowontopbylou.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/stampin-up-onstage-2016-display-board.html

The Oh So Succulent bundle also helps create great elements for scrapbook pages. Here is my trusty creative director Millie 'helping' me get the shot!


My layout was made using leftover pieces from my hanging succulent garden card. To make the brick wall I wiped my Cajun Craze ink pad across a piece of cardstock embossed using the Brick Wall TIEF.


One more favourite to show you. At first glance you might not notice the Vertical Garden stamp set. It has a shadow for the 2 words which adds a really nice touch. The stamp set coordinates with the Vertical Garden Project Kit but can be used for so many other occasions.

For baby.......as a gift bag.......


.......or for a card.


Add a bit of copper embossing and a black shadow and you get a really elegant effect.


So you can see that this catalogue has something for everyone. Make sure you check out all of the free things you can get from the Sale-a-bration catalogue for every $90 you spend. Now.... I'm off to create some more projects with my new products.

Lou

Comments