Colour INKspiration Challenge #15 Blog Hop



You guessed it! It's time for another Colour INKspiration challenge. Whether you have hopped over from seeing Nikki's adorable card or are starting with me make sure you make your way around to see what each member of  the crew has made. So what do you think about these gorgeous colours? Or is that a leading question?


As I was making this card it dawned on me that I rarely use more than 3 colours in each card. That's why I love challenges and how they stretch you creatively. So on to my card......


This is an aperture card and it was one that we did in a class I taught on Monday. You can see the other versions herehere and here. This type of card is quite simple to make. I like the dimension and interest that it gives the card front.


The challenge colours were perfect for this card. I needed to make one that could be masculine if needed. I have used the 'happy' from the Happy Birthday thinlit (just snip off 'birthday') and then used the 'birthday' stamp from Number Of Years. This design can be used for lots of occasions. I had the Thoughtful Banners stamp set for the ladies to use if they had another occasion in mind. A few balloons from Happy Birthday Gorgeous completed the design. The strings were in the way so I hooked them around the H and liked them there so secured them with a glue dot. Job done!


You can see the aperture here.


Inside has a strip of DSP and a balloon. I kept it minimal so that you didn't see anything through the aperture when the card is closed.


I was reading my friend Megan's post last week (when I was supposed to be tidying my craft desk) and it was like she was speaking directly to me! She showed a second card using the bits and bobs left over from the first one and I decided I needed to do that more often too. My offcast die cuts box will only hold so much! So we also made this note card in class using the frame middles and 'birthday'. Simple and quick but effective.


INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up we have Tanya. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You will love it!

Lou

Product List

Comments

  1. Some great tips here Lou! You have given me some ideas for future projects. Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the balloon strings tucked into the h. It looks awesome. I'm inspired to try an aperture card. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable I love the main window in the first card (very clever with the balloon strings) and that you used the scraps up for the second - gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of this card Lou! Its so clever and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! We should form a club Leftovers Anonymous! Love what you have done with both cards. We need a million pieces of that blond wood grain DSP in our stash's and I love the balloon strings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards - my fav is how the balloon strings link through the sentiment like it is holding onto them! I think I need to start using my scraps on a second card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great neutral card Lou, with that woodgrain DSP it really kind of looks like someones front door - loving that peek a boo window! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Lou. The window and diecut overlay are really effective and l love the idea behind your second card...very effective for leftovers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, Lou! I love that your balloon streamers tuck neatly behind the sentiment...that's right up my 'neat' alley. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever card Lou, and I love love love that you used leftovers for a second card. love the strings looped through the H

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours and the sentiment do scream, HAPPY! Love the festive look of your card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.