Just Add Ink #378 - Just add texture

How did Friday come around so quickly? Time for another Just Add Ink challenge. This week Di has challenged us all to Just Add Texture.


I have been itching to emboss these mini pizza boxes so this was the perfect challenge to try it out. So easy and so effective! I was so happy with how it turned out ..... let's just say a small happy dance was done and I was highfiving myself quite a bit! And yes ..... I probably do need to get out more!


I love how one of the polka dots lined up with the little tab at the front.


If you have bypassed the Tags & Trimmings bundle in the Holiday Catalogue you might need to head to page 15 and have another look at it. There are so many little details that I love - from the great sentiments in a fab font to the thinlits like the bells and leaves.


I created more texture by layering the ribbons and jute and adding in some die cut elements. The sentiment panel is popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals 2 high.


As I so modestly said earlier, I was really happy with how this turned out and it was actually really quick to make. I plan to make some as table decorations/place cards for Christmas. Every year I try to do something different from bonbons and now I have the perfect idea! Inside I can pop some goodies for everyone in case they get hungry or bored during the day.


Make sure you head over to the Just Add Ink blog to check out how the rest of the Design Team added texture and if you are up for it why not create something to enter this week.

Lou
Product List
Jute Twine
[144625]
$9.75
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. Why didn't I think of embossing these little gems?
    Thanks Lou they look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea for Christmas table decs Lou!! I The embossing on these sweet boxes is beautiful and I love the soft layers of ribbons and twine and gold touches you've added for texture and interest. So clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossed dots really do take the boxes up a notch Lou, well worth the happy dance ;) You dressed them up beautifully too with a gorgeous layering of lovely bits! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Gorgeous, Lou! I love love love your idea to emboss the boxes and to use them for the Christmas table! Think I may have to case your idea. I love the layered cluster of gorgeousness and your shadowed sentiment - very elegant Miss Lou!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.