International Blog Highlight September Top 10 blog hop



Hi! You have landed with Lou Kitzelman and I live on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Today I am hopping with the top 10 winners from Kylie Bertucci's September International Blog Highlights. Thanks to all who voted for my card.


The theme for this hop is the same as the highlight - Sympathy. I loved the card I made for the highlight and I wanted to make another 3D card for this hop. I find that when someone is going through a tough time it is really difficult to know what to say or do, so I figure that my actions might convey all that I feel. Apart from lending support and doing whatever I can, I like to make special cards so that they can be displayed and can be a visual reminder that someone cares.

I have used the Bronwyn Eastley's Pocket Box Card Tutorial to make this card. I used the Pocket Framelits and just cut a bit off the bottom to  make it more of a pot shape. This framelit already has the tabs on it so it makes it super easy to assemble.

I am a bit late to party and only just recently order the Painted Harvest bundle. Originally I figured that as we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia and I already had so many flowers stamp sets that I didn't need it. Oh how wrong can a girl be??? Turns out I did need and don't know how I lived without it!

It is a great stamp set to use for a 3D card such as this. I love the depth you get from the stamped images.

I got some great tips from Patty Bennett that helped me immensely. She stamps the lighter, more solid image twice, turning it slightly the second time, to give a denser, more luscious, flower. I love the effect. You can see the difference below. The one on the right has had the solid image stamped twice.


Here I have used Peekaboo Peach and Pumpkin Pie for the petals with a Crumb Cake centre and Old Olive leaves. To give the flowers a bit more dimension, I have cut some centres out, rounded with the back of my Aqua Painter and added a Stampin' Dimensional behind it.


I love this card fold. You can easily change the sentiment and flower colour and use the same design for birthdays, weddings, get well .... anything really!

 You could pop a message panel of the back of this but I like to write my message on a separate note card so that it is can be a bit more private. The note card and envelope were quick to make.


Then just fold it flat and fit into a standard C6 envelope.


Make sure you check out what all of the top 10 have to show you. Next up is Stesha Bloodhart from the USA.

Lou





Product List
Leaf Punch
[144667]
$28.00

Comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Lou especially being able to fit into a standard envelope. Love your colours too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely 3d project I have to say the painted harvest is definitely one of my most favourite stamp set tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This certainly has a wow! factor. This stamp set is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunflower project is so pretty, Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! My favorite set at the moment. Will have to try this project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.