Stamp Review Crew - Eastern Beauty


Welcome back to another Stamp Review Crew blog hop. The Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we will showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it.

For this hop we are featuring Eastern Palace.

This my year my family are celebrating Christmas in an apartment at the beach. I wanted to make some decorations that were portable, fun and would go with any colour scheme so I came up with some cute tealight candle holders. The tealights are battery operated.


These were embarrassingly quick to make. We all need quick projects at this time of year!


Take a tiny clear treat box and a piece of vellum 20 cm x 5 cm and score at 5, 10 and 15 cm. On each segment stamp an image in Versamark and then emboss in gold. I used the coordinating Eastern Medallions thinlits to die cut the pattern for the light to sparkle out of. Then fold on each score line and pop in the box. No need to adhere - makes it easier to pack flat for travel or storage.


So it is easy to turn the candle on and off I punched a hole in the lid for the loop and added a bow over the top.

This gold edged ribbon really shines and sparkles when the candles are on. Because these are super light you can hang them from a branch of your Christmas tree or in my case a palm tree at our unit!



 And if there are no limbs to use as hangers, they look great on a table or railing too!


Eastern Beauty is such a versatile set. I think that these little tealight boxes could be used for weddings too. Or even a special birthday. Any celebration really!

I played around with a little coaster for the boxes in case I needed to set them on a table. The gold foil base helps reflect the light around.



Here is a little video that I took to help capture the flickering candles and so you can see just how pretty they are.


Make sure you hop around to all the crew to see all the fab idea. Next up is Debra.

Lou

Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$159.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. How pretty! What a sweet ornament to add to your beach tree. I love how you've done this and I'm thinking I may give it a try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 3D and these are beeeeee-you-tea-full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, and so easy to make. Wouldn't a small 1/2" circle on the bottom cut out for turn on and off?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite and clever, Lou! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so clever, Lou! I adore little tea light ornaments! I'll definitely make some for my mantle, since having a cat prevents me from having a tree. (Darn cat.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea and beautifully done! My kind of elegant ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely fabulous idea! Simple, elegant and totally effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic idea and they are soo beautiful perfect to go with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - these are amazing!!! Too clever Miss Lou! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.