Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop February 2018 - Fun with colouring



Yep! It's time for another Stampin' Dreams blog hop. How did another month roll around again??? This month we are featuring colouring. One of my favourite ways to colour is using my Stampin' Blends. I love how I can blend, shade and add depth to my projects. First up I have used my Stampin' Blends to make some very simple baby cards.


They are for a friend who makes up hampers for new parents and she was after some simple, handmade cards that fitted into the budget for each hamper. The Whisper White narrow note cards and envelopes were perfect for this. I love that you can stamp and colour right onto the card front and envelope. Not everything needs to be complex with heaps of layers! As I said they are super simple and quick to make. Sometimes simple and quick is what you need!




My last card combines some Stampin' Blends with my second favourite way of colouring - ink smooshing! It is an easy way to get interesting backgrounds. Here I have used it on yet another Swing Fold Card. You can see how I made it here and here. It starts off flat .....


.... then with a pull on each side ......


..... swings around to reveal a message panel.


Ink smooshing is so easy and can be done in a few ways. Jenny Hall is a master by the way! You will see her on this hop - wonder if she smooshed???

Here is how you do it. Be warned – this is an abstract, unpredictable technique but you get fabulous results!

Lightly scribble markers or dab the ink onto a piece of acetate or plastic. I love using markers!
Lightly spritz the plastic with your water.
Turn over and dab/press it onto your watercolour paper.
You can pick the plastic up and move it around. Re-ink and spritz as needed.
You can add other colours. If you are worried that they will look muddy when mixed simply dry the first colour with a heat gun.


Magical Day is such a great set to use with backgrounds like this. Something a bit abstract and imperfect adds nice detail.


So you can see this card fold in action here is very simple video.


Make sure you hop around to see what fun everyone else has been having with colouring. Next up is Ellen Woodbridge. What fairy fun has she been up to?

Lou





Product List

Comments

  1. I am in love with your New Baby Pandas, Lou. So cute and adorable and I love them in pastel. And your wizard is a bit magnificent too. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh stop it! Your pandas are just too cute with their coloured tummies & the orb!! What a great idea! Thanks for joining in with the Feb Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards! I love that amazing Wizardy swing card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great examples of colouring Lou! Love the swing card and who wouldn't just adore those pandas!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I just LOVE these! The wizard looks so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pandas are so cute! I love the depth the Blends add. Love the fancy fold, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pandas & a magical wizard? Such great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards, Lou! Incredible as always!! Smooshing is sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All great projects showing off your magnificent coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable cards Lou, love these sets and the Wizard swing card is amazing. Fabulous design and the smoosh background is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wizard card Lou, simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lou all your cards are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your uber cute pandas, Lue. But the wizard stole my heart xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards Lou. Those Panda's are so cute, and I love the Wizard card - must try this fold now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.